Download a PDF version here.
Skills & Strengths
- Proven ability to create engaging copy crafted to speak to its target audience, whether on the Web or in print, and make it sell.
- Ability to adapt to the tone necessary for the content, customer, and audience, regardless of industry, and to maintain said tone. I know that voice plays a key role in the development and maintenance of a memorable brand.
- Strong knowledge of SEO, and the power of typography and a user-experience focus to improve both readability and search-engine visibility.
- Eager to collaborate with designers, fellow writers, and editors to create visually appealing, content-driven advertising and informational material. I thrive on collaborative processes, but am equally suited to take creative initiative and drive the idea from concept to completion.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Adobe InDesign and Illustrator, HTML, and CSS.
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for design principles and standards.
04/11–present • Copywriter • Esurance Insurance Services, Inc.
Duties: Concept and craft compelling print ads, Web banners, PPC and search ads, social advertising (Facebook, Twitter), conversion-focused landing pages, sales portals, blog articles, and content pages. Work closely with sponsorship teams to concept themes and executions for South by Southwest, the Golden State Warriors, Outside Lands, and Sasquatch! Generate product, program, and discount names. Work with UI teams to create copy that clearly guides the consumer through the purchase process while remaining engaging and true to brand guidelines.
01/11–4/11 • Fact checker / Client information editor • Reputation.com, Inc
Duties: Efficiently yet painstakingly review and analyze client-provided information. Edit to ensure factuality and house style. Compile and analyze client-provided info so as to present it to other editors and fact checkers in a concise, clear style.
08/10–01/11 • Copy editor • World Trade Press, Petaluma, CA
Duties: Edit copy as per Chicago Manual standards, as well as in-house standards designed to present world travel information via the Web—but also to ensure text engages and enlightens, providing unique info on the destination. Work closely with copywriters to improve their writing style, mechanics, and knowledge of Chicago style.
07/06–07/10 • Lead copywriter / quality assurance analyst • Motorola, Inc., Alameda, CA
Duties: Copywriting and editing; team management with an eye to productivity, workflow, and quality; creation and maintenance of editorial standards designed to keep error rate at a minimum and productivity at a maximum. Create and ensure team-wide adherence to house style, which was based on AP style, but modified to better fit the Web-publishing environment.
Bachelor of Arts, English—Modern and contemporary literature • University of California at Berkeley
SIT TESOL Certified • Berkeley Learning Teaching Consultants